● Gain knowledge of produce: types, origin, usage, nutritional value, etc.;
● Plant, tend, and care for a garden/farm;
● Harvest and collect produce that will be used for service in the restaurant;
● No waste approach: leftover produce will be donated to participants’ families and/or a food bank of choice
● Ownership and responsibility through owning tasks in the garden/farm and working to maintain production
● There will be opportunities for those who progress and demonstrate competency and desire, dedication, responsibility, and care in the program to be offered paid leadership positions to teach, tend to, and assign tasks for future participants in Gwen’s Garden.
● Learn how to prepare dishes from the Evolved Kitchen and Garden menu
● Assist with prep for restaurant service
● Participate in skill development courses (i.e. knife skills, cooking techniques, plating, dish development)
● Be able to use their creativity and present dishes that may be featured on the Evolved Kitchen and Garden menu
● Be offered hiring opportunities to cook on the line at the restaurant once they have demonstrated competencies, responsibilities, dedication, and the required skill.
● The Evolved Kitchen and Garden menu
● Dining Etiquette
● Silverware and plating placement
● Knowledge about food allergens
● Food tasting
● Team building
● Restaurant Service walkthroughs / simulations
● Customer Service
● Educational Opportunities: (Developmentally appropriate) → Financial Literacy, Accounting, Budgeting, Business Operations, and Stock Market Investing.
● Stock market investment training: Employees will be required to invest an agreed or set percentage of money earned. This includes management and other positions receiving funds through the program. [Robinhood app or similar tool to monitor investments]
● Individual Consultation for investment opportunities for Evolved Employees based on goals.
● All participants will be required to undergo a confidential clinical interview.
● May be offered recommended services, which can be accepted or denied by the participant.
● All participants will be required to undergo a confidential case management consultation.
● Case management will follow through on possible service needs.
*No discussion or biased representation of therapeutic or case management needs/services will be reflected in any other area of the program/restaurant.